Note to GhostDoc Pro v3 users: Your v3 license won?t work with v4. We will be sending new license codes shortly to those of you with License Protection.
We are happy to announce the release of GhostDoc v4 and GhostDoc Pro v4 aligned with Visual Studio 2012 release as part of our VS2012 sim-ship commitment!
Version 4 is a major milestone for us with great new features and rewrites that we have done over the last year. Here are the most significant additions to the GhostDoc feature set:
- Visual Studio 2012 support
- (Pro) Source code Spell Checker
- C/C++ language support
- XML Comment Preview
- (Pro) Build Help File
- StyleCop Compliance ? comments generated by GhostDoc are now pass StyleCop validation
- Exception Documentation – exceptions raised within a method are documented in the XML Comment
- (Pro) File Header menu and template
- (Pro) Visual Studio toolbar with commands for documenting, comment preview and spell-checking
- (Pro) Options -> Global Properties – allows to reference custom configured user properties within T4 templates (CodeIt.Right users will find this very familiar)
- (Pro) IntelliSense in the T4 template editor
- Version update notification ? you won?t miss new version release ever again!
For detailed list of v4 changes see What’s New in GhostDoc and GhostDoc Pro v4.0
- Check Spelling as you type
- Spell Checking for XML Comments
- Spell Checking for code elements
- Spell Checking for strings and comments
- Spelling SmartTag in the VS Code Editor
- Added support for OpenOffice dictionaries and multiple languages
- Ignore files and file extensions
- Custom User Dictionary
- Custom Dictionary by Solution
- Solution wide Spelling Report
- Check Spelling for
- Active Document
- Selected Documents
- Current Project
- Entire Solution
Do you want to see how your XML Comment will look like in the help file? Have HTML tags encoded in the XML Comment and want to make sure your HTML is correct? GhostDoc Comment Preview is here to help!
How do I try it?
Download v4 at http://submain.com/download/ghostdoc/
Note to Beta testers: We appreciate your contribution to this release and we will be contacting shortly those of you who provided feedback during the alpha/beta testing program.
Note to GhostDoc Pro v3 users: We have changed licensing schema in v4.0 and your v3.x license codes won’t work with v4.0. For users with License Protection we will be sending v4.x license codes shortly. Users without the License Protection have to purchase new version – currently we are not offering upgrade path other than the License Protection program.