A minor feature update build v2018.2.19030 is now available
Changes in v2018.2
- GhostDoc now uses Async integration with Visual Studio with background load enabled. This minimizes the GhostDoc load on Visual Studio startup.
- Added new setting Options -> Solution Options -> General -> “Use <inheritdoc /> tag for inherited comments”. When checked, GhostDoc will insert the
<inheritdoc />tag instead of copying the base member documentation. Note: When using the
<inheritdoc />, remember it is a custom tag and you must use GhostDoc to generate help documentation and VS Intellisense files.
- Modified Properties, Methods, Indexer, Event and Constructor T4 templates to insert the
<inheritdoc />tag instead of copying the base member documentation – when UseInheritdocTag setting is True.
- Encryptions within GhostDoc are now FIPS compliant.
- Abbreviations dictionary now allows abbreviations with an empty value. This enables skipping abbreviations and word parts like prefix, suffix etc.
- Now a new XML Comment template is generated when Visual Editor opens using Ctrl-Shift-D for the member that does not have XML Comment.
- Numerous fixes and improvements
For the complete list of changes, see What’s New in GhostDoc v2018