Just before the holiday we are releasing new version of CodeIt.Right – build 1.2.08357. Download version 1.2.08357 today!
This release features addition of spell checking engine to CodeIt.Right SDK, workaround for the Out of Memory error on large solutions, 12 new rules and many bugs fixed.
Please share your feedback in the forums especially on the new spell checking rules – we are still working and improving them.
Note: The new spelling rules are included with the built-in profile but they are turned off by default – you will need to turn them on. For all rules you will need to add them into your custom profiles.
This update is free for all users who are current on their Software Assurance and Gold Support Subscription
Major changes in CodeIt.Right v1.2 :
- New feature – Spell Checker, we extended SDK with spell checking engine which enables us to add new rules. This build includes en-US, en-GB, en-CA, en-AU, fr-FR, es-ES, es-MX dictionaries. You can add other languages using OpenOffice format dictionaries. We cannot distribute de-DE and it-IT dictionaries for they are GNU GPL licensed but you can download them from OpenOffice web site here as well as several dozen of other languages.
- Added – Out Of Memory error handling – shows dialog that links to the page with recommendations on How to avoid Out Of Memory exceptions in Visual Studio by enabling is to use up to 3GB of virtual memory
- Added – “Copy Violation” in the violation list allows to copy the highlighted violation information into clipboard. Alternatively use Ctrl+C.
- “Exclude File” violation list context menu option is now enabled when right-clicked on the file name row
- Added – Cache Folder Path option – allows to move CodeIt.Right cache directory (default – User\Application Data)
- New Rules:
- Identifiers Should Be Spelled Correctly (Spelling)
- Comments Should Be Spelled Correctly (Spelling)
- Type link demands require inheritance demands (Security)
- Secured types should not expose fields (Security)
- Secure serialization constructors (Security)
- Review visible event handlers (Security)
- Review deny and permit only usage (Security)
- Review declarative security on value types (Security)
- Method security should be a superset of type (Security)
- Array fields should not be read only (Security)
- Aptca methods should only call aptca methods (Security)
- Wrap vulnerable finally clauses in outer try (Security)
- CodeItRight.Cmd.exe changes:
- returns negative codes for internal errors, 0 if no violations found and positive code equal to the number of violations found
- see updated CodeItRight.Cmd.exe Command Line Options for details
- many bugs fixed
Download build 1.2.08357 here – http://submain.com/download/codeit.right
Technorati Tags: CodeIt.Right, Coding Guidelines, Naming Conventions, Best Practices, .NET, NET