The v3.0 of CodeIt.Right v3 is here – the new major version of our automated code review and code quality analysis product. Here are the v3.0 new feature highlights:
- VS2017 RC integration
- Official support for VS2015 Update 3 and ASP.NET 5/ASP.NET Core 1.0 solutions
- Solution filtering by date, source control status and file patterns
- Summary report view – provides a summary view of the analysis results and metrics, customize to your needs
- New Review Code commands – review opened files and review checked out files
- Improved Profile Editor with advanced rule search and filtering
- Improved look and feel for Violations Report and Editor violation markers
- Setting to keep the OnDemand and Instant Review profiles in sync
- New Jenkins integration plugin
- Batch correction is now turned off by default
- Most every CodeIt.Right action now can be assigned a keyboard shortcut
- New rules
For the complete and detailed list of the v3.0 changes see What’s New in CodeIt.Right v3.0
The solution filtering feature allows to narrow the code review scope to using the following options:
- Analyze files modified Today/This Week/Last 2 Weeks/This Month – so you can set the relative date once and not have to change the date every day
- Analyze files modified since specific date
- Analyze files opened in Visual Studio tabs
- Analyze files checked out from the source control
- Analyze only specific files – only include the files that match a list of file patters like *Core*.cs or Modules\*. See this KB post for the file path patterns details and examples.
New Review Code commands
We have changed the Start Analysis menu to Review Code – still the same feature and the new name is just highlighting the automated code review nature of the product. Also added the following Review Code commands:
- Analyze Open Files menu – analyze only the files opened in Visual Studio tabs
- Analyze Checked Out Files menu – analyze only files that that are checked out from the source control
The Profile Editor now features
- Advanced rule filtering by rule id, title, name, severity, scope, target, and programming language
- Allows to quickly show only active, only inactive or all rules in the profile
- Shows totals for the profile rules – total, active, and filtered
- Improved adding rules with multiple categories
The Summary Report tab provides an overview of the analyzed source code quality, it includes the high level summary of the current analysis information, filters, violation summary, top N violation, solution info and metrics. Additionally it provides detailed list of violations and excludes.
The report is self-contained – no external dependencies, everything it requires is included within the html file. This makes it very easy to email the report to someone or publish it on the team portal – see example.
The Summary Report is based on an ASP.NET Razor markup within the Summary.cshtml template. This makes it very easy for you to customize it to your needs.
You will find the summary report API documentation in the help file – CodeIt.Right –> Help & Support –> Help –> Summary Report API.
How do I try it?
Download the v3.0 at http://submain.com/download/codeit.right/
Feedback is what keeps us going!
Let us know what you think of the new version here – http://submain.com/support/feedback/
Note to the CodeIt.Right v2 users: The v2.x license codes won’t work with the v3.0. For users with active Software Assurance subscription we have sent out the v3.x license codes. If you have not received or misplaced your new license, you can retrieve it on the My Account page. Users with expired Software Assurance subscription will need to purchase the new version – currently we are not offering upgrade path other than the Software Assurance subscription. For information about the upgrade protection see our Software Assurance and Support – Renewal / Reinstatement Terms