(Mar 9, 2018)?Update: new?build v2018.0.18070 has been posted to address the VS2017 v15.6 compatibility issue.
Changes in the Beta 3, build v2018.0.18030 –
- New feature – Document Project – now can generate XML Comment templates for a whole project
- Added support for the
<inheritdoc>tag – for type members only in the XML Comments as well as the generated help documentation. This allows using the tag instead of copying the documentation from base members and synchronizing the changes.
- Visual Editor improvements
- New commands – Add Table, Remove Table
- New commands – Add Note, Remove Note
- Now the tags not recognized by the Visual Editor are added back to the XML Comment when saving the edits
- Now render the Code Contract section preview
- A number of improvements that impact proper XML comment generation
- Added?/cleanup switch for the command line tool – when used will delete?all files and folders in the output directory before creating help documentation.
- Support for Code Contracts when generating help documentation
- Added Options -> General -> ‘Keep solution properties file in the .vs folder’ allowing to hide the solution properties file (<solution path>.GhostDoc.xml) in the solution’s .vs folder
- The Cleanup checkbox in the Build Help Documentation dialog has been changed to a button. Now the folder must be cleaned up manually – this is to prevent accidental file loss when the output folder picked at an incorrect location.
- Default toolbar icon is now Build Help Documentation where previously was Comment Preview
For the complete list of changes, see What?s New in GhostDoc v2018 Beta
For information on the original Beta release, please see the Visual Editing for XML Comments post.