We have just made available the Release Candidate of CodeIt.Right v3.0, here is the new feature highlights:
- VS2017 RC integration
- Solution filtering by date, source control status and file patterns
- Summary report view (announced as the Dashboard in the Beta preview) – provides a summary view of the analysis results and metrics, customize to your needs
These features were announced as part of our recent v3 Beta:
- Official support for VS2015 Update 2 and ASP.NET 5/ASP.NET Core 1.0 solutions
- New Review Code commands:
- only opened files
- only checked out files
- only files modified after specific date
- Improved Profile Editor with advanced rule search and filtering
- Improved look and feel for Violations Report and Editor violation markers
- New rules
- Setting to keep the OnDemand and Instant Review profiles in sync
- New Jenkins integration plugin
- Batch correction is now turned off by default
- Most every CodeIt.Right action now can be assigned a keyboard shortcut
- For the Beta changes and screenshots, please see Overview of CodeIt.Right v3.0 Beta Features
For the complete and detailed list of the v3.0 changes see What’s New in CodeIt.Right v3.0
To give the v3.0 Release Candidate a try, download it here – http://submain.com/download/codeit.right/beta/
In addition to the solution filtering by modified since specific date, open and checked out files available in the Beta, we are introducing few more options:
- Analyze files modified Today/This Week/Last 2 Weeks/This Month – so you can set the relative date once and not have to change the date every day
- Analyze only specific files – only include the files that match a list of file patters like *Core*.cs or Modules\*. See this KB post for the file path patterns details and examples.
The Summary Report tab provides an overview of the analyzed source code quality, it includes the high level summary of the current analysis information, filters, violation summary, top N violation, solution info and metrics. Additionally it provides detailed list of violations and excludes.
The report is self-contained – no external dependencies, everything it requires is included within the html file. This makes it very easy to email the report to someone or publish it on the team portal – see example.
The Summary Report is based on an ASP.NET Razor markup within the Summary.cshtml template. This makes it very easy for you to customize it to your needs.
You will find the summary report API documentation in the help file – CodeIt.Right –> Help & Support –> Help –> Summary Report API.