The Beta for CodeIt.Right v3 has arrived ? the new major version of our automated code review and code quality analysis product. Here are the new version highlights:
- Official support for VS2015 Update 2 and ASP.NET 5/ASP.NET Core 1.0 solutions
- New Review Code commands:
- only opened files
- only checked out files
- only files modified after specific date
- Improved Profile Editor with advanced rule search and filtering
- Improved look and feel for Violations Report and Editor violation markers
- New rules
- Setting to keep the OnDemand and Instant Review profiles in sync
- New Jenkins integration plugin
- Batch correction is now turned off by default
- Most every CodeIt.Right action now can be assigned a keyboard shortcut
- Preview of the new Dashboard feature
For the complete and detailed list of the v3.0 changes see What’s New in CodeIt.Right v3.0
To give the v3.0 Beta a try, download it here – http://submain.com/download/codeit.right/beta/
Please Note: while our early adopters indicate that the v3.0 Beta has been very stable for them, still, all the usual Beta software advisory provisions apply.
New Review Code commands
We have renamed the Start Analysis menu to Review Code ? still the same feature and the new name is just highlighting the automated code review nature of the product. The
- Analyze Open Files command – analyze only the files opened in Visual Studio tabs
- Analyze Checked Out Files command – analyze only files that that are checked out from the source control
- Analyze Modified After ? analyze only files that have been modified after specific date
Known Beta issue ? when pressed Update only updates the code review criteria but still requires to run the Review Code command manually. In the release version we will run code review when the Update is pressed.
Improved Profile Editor
The Profile Editor now features
- Advanced rule filtering by rule id, title, name, severity, scope, target, and programming language
- Allows to quickly show only active, only inactive or all rules in the profile
- Shows totals for the profile rules – total, active, and filtered
- Improved adding rules with multiple categories
While is not what we see it finally looking, an early preview of the Dashboard feature has been shipped with the Beta to give you a rough idea what we are after ? provide you with a code quality dashboard view that you customize to your needs.
We would love to hear your feedback on the new features! Please email it to us at email@example.com or post in the CodeIt.Right v3 Beta Forum.