by Serge Baranovsky
Another refresh for CodeIt.Right Beta build 1.0.07322. Please download the latest build and to let us know what you think on the forums.
Major changes overview since the last build
- Changed setup directory for VS2005 version to “CodeIt.Right” – used to be “CideIt.Right for VS2005”
- Toolbar and most of the menu is now enabled even when you don’t have any solution/projects open
- Changed file format of Rule Update engine to .ZIP (from .DLL) to avoid firewall issues.
- Added new rules (more to come after Beta 2)
- AssembliesShouldHaveValidStrongNames (Design)
- Remove unused private methods (Performance)
- PropertiesShouldNotReturnArrays (Performance)
- Added date sort order in the “Add Rule” dialog.
- Fixed bug not allowing to add rule to profile if rule belongs to a custom Category
- Fixed issue with “Solution Folders”
- Fixed bug with CompilerGenerated/GeneratedCode attributes – now analysis is skipped inside the element marked with CompilerGenerated or GeneratedCode attribute
- In Custom Rules for “ModificationDate” now use the modification date of the rule assembly
- many smaller changes and bug fixes.
(Note for current Beta users: to see the new rules you will need to switch back to the built-in profile or add them to your custom profile(s))
Download build 1.0.07322 here – http://submain.com/download/codeit.right
For more information on CodeIt.Right, getting started presentation, support and feedback see Beta 1 announce post.
Technorati Tags: CodeIt.Right, Coding Guidelines, Naming Conventions, Best Practices, .NET, NET