Code Quality developer tools is the direction we’ve been following since the introduction of CodeIt.Right and we are taking this commitment to the next level in 2010 with two new products and new features for our existing products. One of the new products to be released in 2010 will assist in unit testing, code coverage and test code profiling; the second new product will be complementary to CodeIt.Right. All three products together will comprise our new Code Quality Suite. Additionally, we will continue to keep up with the Visual Studio 2010 release schedule and have all of our products 2010 compatible when VS2010 is RTM.
Here is what we are planning for 2010:
- New product!
- Coming March 2010: we are adding to our product line by offering a unit test runner and code coverage product.
- New product!
- Project Anelare (code name) – we will provide details on this project as we get closer to a public preview. At this point we can share that this will be product complementary to CodeIt.Right – together they will encompass our code quality package.
- VS2010 support
- For all products – most of our products are compatible with VS2010 RC, and we will be VS2010 RTM compatible by the time it RTMs.
- Optimized rule library performance: the new version will be released the first week in March!
- Community Rule Valuation & Review: we are pioneering “social” in code analysis by enabling the community to rate rules and provide feedback; as well as leverage the community feedback, best uses and best practices for each rule.
- NEW Rules – with emphasis on security, FxCop/StyleCop parity, SharePoint, WPF & Silverlight rules.
- (EE) Trend Analysis: monitor code quality improvements over time.
- (EE) Integration with manual code review tools.
- Global Suppressions: adding support for GlobalSuppressions and extending syntax of the SuppressMessage attribute for more flexible in-code exclusions.
- Multi-select in the violations list.
- Copy Rule feature: clone and change rule instance configuration
- Command line enhancements: open command line/build violations output in Visual Studio for correction
- Annotation: for excludes and corrections
- XAML support: enables building Silverlight and WPF specific rules
- Profile Wizard: quick start no-brainer user/project profile based on the project type, importance, community valuation, favorite food, etc
- We are currently prioritizing the feature set for the new version of GhostDoc. If you have a feature request that you have not submitted yet, share them with us in the GhostDoc forum.
Stay tuned to our blog for more details about our progress!